Bachelor of Science
Our degree in Childhood Studies is …
- Rigorous. You’ll find all the advantages of a four year bachelor’s degree: good academic preparation, broad general education, strong faculty support, and a core set of discipline-specific courses.
Plus It’s …
- Flexible. This major is designed to ensure opportunities for electives, minors and study abroad without extending time to degree or incurring extra costs.
- Tailored. You will create a program that reflects your individual interests and career goals by selecting appropriate coursework and internships that meet your specific needs.
- Marketable. Through extensive fieldwork you will gain real-world experiences and develop professional skills and connections that will make you highly attractive to future employers.
What will you learn about in Childhood Studies?
- Family and social issues
- Leadership and advocacy
- Child development
- Arts and creativity
While at PSU, you will spend time in the field. You could choose to work in …
parks, schools, museums, theaters, sports programs, summer camps, youth centers, hospitals, resorts, and more … The possibilities are endless!
What might you do with your degree? Among other things, our majors become …
- After-school program counselors
- Residential counselors
- Educational consultants
- Program facilitators and administrators
- Family support staff
- Policy advocates