Plymouth State University is an exclusive user of the Common Application.
Common Application Instructions & Requirements
Visit Common Application to complete the Common Application and the PSU Supplement. PSU encourages that all application materials be received online.
- PSU’s supplement and application fee need to be submitted at the same time as the online Common Application.
- For those who have been out of school for a few years or are non-traditional, you may prefer to download the application from the Common Application Web site, complete it and submit it by mail. PSU’s Common Application Supplement, Application Fee form, and fee must also be submitted by mail.
- Please do not mix and match your application, supplement, and payment between online and paper submission by mail.
- PSU recommends making a copy of your completed application to keep for your files.
High school students and others considering college for the first time should look at our instructions and requirements for new students.
The Art Department has a portfolio review page with links to a portfolio checklist, portfolio requirements, and tips on preparing a graphic design portfolio.
Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance
The Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance has an Admission and Auditions page with links to audition requirements, and an audition signup form. Prospective students should contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org for an audition/interview by March 16, 2012 in order to be guaranteed an opportunity for Fall 2012 departmental admission.
The Nursing Program requires additional application materials. These requirements are listed on the Additional Requirements (pdf) form. Please complete the Additional Requirements form and submit it with the required materials. Also, here are some Nursing Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Application deadline for Nursing: February 1.
Notification of Nursing Admission
- February 1: All applications for the Nursing program must be complete and all required materials received by the Admission Office
- Early March: Decisions on admission to the Nursing program will be made and applicants notified
- Mid-March: Nursing applicants who are not admissible to the Nursing program, but are admissible to other programs, will be informed
- Nursing applicants who are not admissible to any program at Plymouth State will be informed as soon as their application is complete
Requirements For Other Applicants
- Non-traditional applicants: Have you been out of school for a couple years? PSU’s focus on experience and exploration is ideal for those looking to return to school. Please take a look at our special instructions for non-traditional students.
- Transfer students: PSU is a top destination for students looking for lower cost alternatives to other four year colleges or to continue their education beyond community college. Complete the above application instructions and review special information about transferring to PSU.
- Readmission students: If you previously enrolled as a degree student, but interrupted your studies, we’d like to welcome you back with our easy readmission process. Simply call the Admission Office at 800-842-6900.
- Reactivation applicants: If you applied to Plymouth State within the last two years, but did not complete your application or enroll as a full-time student, you can save time by re-activating your previous application. Simply print and fill out the reactivation application, then send it to us at the address on the form.
- International applicants: If you currently have an F-1 visa, or intend to apply for one, you should see our information for international students.