Posted on: July 28th, 2015 by Heidi
Do you feel lost without your DSLR? Do your Instagram or Facebook photos get hundreds of comments and likes? Do you create and edit videos that impress your friends and family? Would you love to use your digital photography/videography skills to connect Plymouth State with the world? PSU’s Marketing Communications and Creative Services invites you to apply to become a Photographer/Videographer Student Assistant.
- This is not a training program. You must have comprehensive knowledge of photography and videography principles and techniques (e.g., exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, composition, rule of thirds).
- Previous photography experience with DSLR cameras, as well as demonstrated Photoshop experience.
- Previous experience editing video in non-linear editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro/X).
- Strong sense for photo- and video-based storytelling. You understand what makes for compelling photos/video and have the ability to weave a story together from a collection of photos.
- Good communicator who is able to help subjects, regardless of age/gender/ethnicity, feel comfortable in front of a camera. Ability to be an ambassador for Plymouth State.
- Must be highly attentive to detail, organized, and thorough.
- Current owner of a DSLR or mirrorless camera a plus, but not a requirement.
- Active participation in online photo communities (e.g., Instagram, Flickr, SmugMug) a plus.
- You must be a current PSU upper-class student with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Hours and Compensation
This position requires a commitment of 12–15 hours per week. This position is compensated with a $1,500 financial aid award per semester. The fellowship is extendable to a full year ($3,000) based on performance.
Posted on: July 21st, 2015 by Briana
Can you strike up a conversation with just about anyone? Are you interested in learning more about the University and connecting with alumni? We’ve got the perfect job for you!
University Advancement is hiring student fundraisers for the Fall 2015 Annual Fund Calling Program. Each year, more than 2,000 alumni, parents, students, staff, faculty, and friends support the Annual Fund. Their gifts provide critical funding for student scholarships, academic programs, athletics, and support the day-to-day operations of PSU.
As a student fundraiser, you’ll connect with alumni, share campus events, and help the University raise money for the Annual Fund. No experience? No problem! You’ll complete a comprehensive training program before making your first call.
Student Fundraisers must work a minimum of two calling shifts. Calling shifts are Sunday 5-9 p.m. and Monday-Thursday 6-9 p.m. Work-study eligibility is preferred.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to earn $$$, give back to Plymouth State, and build your résumé, we want to talk with you!
To apply online visit http://go.plymouth.edu/annual-fund-calling-program or contact Brenda Shively ’13, Assistant Director of the Annual Fund, at email@example.com for more information.
Posted on: April 28th, 2015 by Randy
Due to the renovations in the HUB, the Fitness Room will be closed for the summer as of Friday, May 15th.
Beginning on Monday, May 18th, the HUB will be open Monday-Friday 6:30am-5pm and the Cardio Theater will be available during those hours. Other hours in the HUB as as folllowed:
- HUB Admin Office 8am-4:30pm M-F
- Bookstore 9am-4pm M-F
- Courtroom 6:30am-5pm M-F
- Mail Center 9am-1pm M-F
- Panther Print Shop 8am-3pm
In addition to the Fitness Room, the Computer Cluster, The Daily Paws, & The Union Grille will also be closed for the summer.
The HUB will be CLOSED on Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day and Friday, July 3th in observance of Independence Day.
Other options for people looking to workout over the summer can do so at the PE Center. Their hours of operation will be Monday-Thursday 8 am-6 pm & Friday 8 am-2 pm. If you have any additional questions, please contact Drew Guay at x52958.