Posted on: March 24th, 2015 by Debbie
The Museum of the White Mountains invites all students for a special open house on Tuesday, March 31 from 5:00pm-6:30pm to view our new exhibition, TRAIL CLUBS: Connecting People with the Mountains. Please come and learn about the unique history and continuing efforts of the many White Mountain trail clubs that have helped preserve and shape the trail systems and community within the White Mountains.
All students are invited to attend and there will be snacks and drinks provided.
Hope to see you then!
Posted on: March 23rd, 2015 by Randy
PSU Volunteers and the Community Service Center are sponsoring an American Red Cross Blood Drive on Monday, April 6th and Tuesday, April 7th. The Blood Drive will run from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. each day in the HUB. We have a number of slots for volunteers on both days in Registration, Canteen or as Donor Escorts. If you are interested in volunteering, stop by the HUB Administrative Offices to sign-up. Shifts are typically 1 hour and 45 minutes and volunteers receive a t-shirt!
If you are interested in donating blood, you are encouraged to sign-up ahead of time at http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood. On-line registration for Blood Donors closes 48-hours prior to the first day of the Blood Drive. Walk-ins are accepted on both days of the blood drive on a first-come, first-serve basis and asked to sign-up for any available appointment openings.
Posted on: March 11th, 2015 by Debbie
- A PSU employee for the Theo Kalikow Award (male or female) who has significantly contributed to the advancement of women’s issues.
- The Student POWA (Powerful Outstanding Women’s Advocate) award honors a Plymouth State University student who has significantly contributed to the advancement of women’s issues while a student at PSU.
- The Community Member POWA award is given to a member in the greater Plymouth area who has significantly contributed to the advancement of women’s issues.
- Brings women’s issues to public attention;
- Demonstrates genuine concern for the advancement of women;
- Works collaboratively with various campus and community constituencies; and
- Is dedicated to improving or elevating the status of women through continuous involvement in and advocacy of women’s issues.
- The person selected for the Theo Kalikow or POWA Student Award must have served a minimum of three consecutive years at PSU and must not be a current member of the President’s Commission on the Status of Women.
Please follow the link below to nominate someone.
Please join us at the Theo Kalikow Awards reception on April 2 at 3:30 pm in the Newfound Room in Prospect Dining Hall to celebrate all the award recipients.
Posted on: March 10th, 2015 by Amy
Whether you are getting ready to graduate or are interested in taking graduate courses as an undergraduate, plan now to attend one of the following on-campus events to learn more about PSU graduate programs.
Plan to drop in at whichever event fits your schedule, as Graduate Studies advisors and faculty will be on hand at all of the events to answer any questions you may have about pursuing a graduate degree at Plymouth State. Browse the complete list of graduate programs offered at PSU.
- SPECIAL ED/ED CERTIFICATION Info Session: Thursday, March 26, 3:30-5 p.m., HUB, Hage Room
- GENERAL GRAD PROGRAMS Info Session: Monday-Friday, March 30-April 3, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., HUB Pawsway
- COUNSELOR ED & SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY Info Session: Thursday, April 9, 3:30-5 p.m., Samuel Reed Hall
- GENERAL GRAD PROGRAMS Info Session: Tuesday, April 14, 3:30-5 p.m., Frost Commons
Cannot attend any of these dates? You may also schedule an individual advising appointment. Call 535-2636 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, advisors are available via online chat Monday through Friday between 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Posted on: February 24th, 2015 by Randy
Come chat about the Big Questions over lunch! Look for our brightly colored Question of the Day standing on a table in Prospect Dining Hall, 12-1 on Tuesdays, starting September 9. All are welcome – of any faith or none – and the only goal is conversation! No question too big or too odd. Sponsored by the United Campus Ministry. Questions? email@example.com or 996-1490.
Posted on: February 23rd, 2015 by Randy
Apply now for the Operating Staff Endowed Scholarship!
This scholarship is provided by the Operating Staff of the University to a student(s) who is:
- A returning PSU student;
- A New Hampshire resident;
- Has a financial need; and
- In good academic standing.
Recipient nominations must have a recommendation from a PSU faculty or staff member.
Recipients are selected by the Operating Staff fundraising/scholarship committee. There will be at least one Scholarship awarded in the amount of $1,000.
The application deadline is March 31, 2015
Application / Nominating Form
Posted on: February 4th, 2015 by Debbie
Survivor of Suicide Loss support. Looking for support? Come and make important connections to others who:
- understand the challenges you face and the opportunities ahead
- feel the same way you do
- have had the same experiences
- will help you learn new coping skills
- will share their successes and strategies with you
Contact & Group Facilitator: Margo Dearbhail, (603) 764-5781, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Plymouth State University, Frost Commons Hall, Plymouth, NH
Day/Time: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
February 19th is the next meeting