Posted on: August 27th, 2014 by dperrin
“MOVE-IN” DAY 2014 SHUTTLE SCHEDULE
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
SHUTTLE SERVICE: 8:30AM – 8:30PM
**PARKING LOTS TO OUTER CAMPUS
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
REGULAR SHUTTLE SERVICE RESUMES
7:30AM – 11:26PM
**CLASSES START AT 5PM**
WEDNESDAY, SEPT 3
REGULAR SHUTTLE SERVICE
7:30AM – 11:26PM
**FIRST FULL DAY OF CLASSES**
Posted on: August 19th, 2014 by Heidi
From designing fundraising appeals to creating graphics for the web, the Graphic Designer position with PSU’s Advancement Office gives you the opportunity to expand your creative skills and build a solid portfolio.
Job Description & Duties
As a graphic designer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of print, digital, and interactive projects. You’ll be responsible for creating, revising, and producing Advancement print collateral, web and social media graphics, e-mail graphics, direct mail pieces, and other marketing materials, working within PSU’s brand and design guidelines. You’ll collaborate with the Director of Alumni Relations to develop and design alumni-related merchandise and products. As part of the Advancement Communications team, you’ll support the videographers and photographers with graphics for digital and interactive projects. You’ll gain valuable real-world experience in marketing, communications, and print production.
- You must be wildly enthusiastic about Plymouth State—its mission, achievements, people (e.g., students, faculty, staff, alumni), history, and place.
- You’ve got a creative flair: Strong design style and a portfolio to back it up.
- You’ve got the skills: Adobe Creative Suite is a must, especially Photoshop and InDesign. If you know Illustrator, too, that’s a plus. You understand there’s a difference between designing for print and designing for the web/mobile devices.
- You’ve got the focus: Must be highly attentive to detail, organized, and thorough.
- You’ve got the desire: Self-starter? Willing to learn? Good team player? We want you!
- You must be a Plymouth State undergraduate or graduate student. Members of the incoming class of 2018 are welcome to apply.
Hours and Compensation
This position requires a commitment of 8-10+ hours per week. Compensation starts at $7.50/hour. Work-study is not a requirement for this position.
Show off your design skills! Upload samples of your work that show you understand good design and how to connect with audiences through print, digital, and interactive communications.
Click here to apply today!