in Theatre Arts
B.A. in Theatre Arts prepares students for a career in the professional
theatre and broader entertainment industry and/or for advanced study
at the Graduate or Conservatory level.
1) demonstrate basic competencies in general areas of theatre arts,
including performance, design, technology, directing, and scholarship.
2) possess and demonstrate a specific
knowledge of theatre decorum as it relates to all areas of production.
3) demonstrate specific skills,
knowledge, creativity, and artistry in their chosen Option(s), utilizing
these tools for professional development and employment.
4) ably prepare a professional
audition, interview, resume and portfolio, as these elements relate
to their Option(s).
5) communicate on a professional
level with other theatre artists, technicians, managers, and business
6) become intelligent consumers
of entertainment, interested in various styles, modes, eras and
genres from a culturally diverse world.
7) possess the ability to think, write,
and speak critically about the art form and will develop a critical
eye in order to further their artistic growth.
8) exhibit an enthusiasm to experiment and grow as theatre
9)integrate skills and knowledge
learned at the basic level in upper level courses, in production,
and in professional situations.