- CETL provides resources and training for faculty in the effective use of educational technologies. To these ends we keep current on emerging technologies and their proposed impact on education. We strive to assist Plymouth State University in providing a student-centered learning environment that offers a high quality education. We offer numerous workshops throughout the year, and provide individualized assistance where needed.
For those individuals who will be teaching online–either fully online or in a hybrid format–we provide the instruction necessary to attain PSU’s certification for teaching online. We also provide assistance for lecture capture, course design, multimedia development that can make your online courses more interactive and engaging.
We are the primary contacts for faculty questions concerning our Learning Management System (Moodle), our e-portfolio system (Mahara), SMART Boards, and any other technology used for teaching and learning at PSU.
- Online/Blended Instructor Resources
- If you plan on teaching an online or blended course, PSU policy requires instructors to engage in the Online Instructor Certification process. LTOE and CETL provide support for designing your course, teaching your course, and assessing your students. We highly recommend you begin this process a full term before the course start date. Click the above link for an overview and learn how to get started!
- Classroom Technology Services
- Classroom Technology Services strives for continuing integration of technology into the traditional classroom environment through user-friendly, cost-effective, and appropriate multimedia technology. This includes supporting (troubleshooting and offering instruction on) that technology as it enhances the educational vision of Plymouth State University.
- Information Technology Services
- Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to serving the university’s information technology needs. We recognize that 24/7 access to technology services is a need in today’s global society.
ITS provides web development, system maintenance, and support for centralized administrative applications, technology infrastructure, and client computing, as well as support and advice for a wide variety of other information technology needs. ITS consists of the following five main areas: business services, client services, infrastructure services, management information systems, and technology services.
Web Conferencing / Virtual Classroom Options
Click on chart below to expand view: