The Coös County Outreach Initiative (CCOI) program at the Center for Rural Partnerships operates with funding from the Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, project-specific matching funds from other individuals and organizations, and in-kind support from Plymouth State University (PSU). Through CCOI, the Center supports PSU’s faculty, staff, and students in innovative economic development partnerships in Coös County. The project types range from business and tourism development,to strategic educational programming, economic indexing, impact assessments, and cultural heritage artifact restoration, preservation, and exhibition—as well as general project assistance for Coös County partners. The CCOI program goals include:
- Strengthening PSU’s capacity to serve Coös County by providing seed funding, outreach fellowships, and operational support for the Center for Rural Partnerships
- Supporting entrepreneurs, businesses, and community organizations in Coös County by making the resources and expertise of the University available to them
- Providing technical support and educational opportunities to Coös County in the areas of environmental science, public health, economics, and other areas of faculty expertise
- Preserving and enhancing the assets of Coös County by promoting and supporting businesses that thrive in the region’s beautiful natural environment
- Developing leadership skills among young Coös County residents attending PSU through mentorship and funded projects in Coös County
- Expanding and enhancing cultural programming in Coös County by bringing humanities content and cultural programs to the county and supporting the cultural programming of Coös organizations
- Informing statewide audiences about the values, assets, and challenges of the North Country through our Web page, presentations, scholarly work, monthly electronic newsletters, social media, and occasional press releases.