March 23, 2012
At Plymouth State University, Plymouth, NH
The New Hampshire Water and Watershed Conference is designed to meet the information and networking needs of scientists; educators; consultants; students; lake, river, and watershed groups; environmental organizations; volunteer monitors; municipal board and staff members; elected officials; local and regional planners; and policy makers.
The conference will include information about a variety of water related topics. For the first time, we will have a poster display.
Conference participants will enhance their capacity to understand, protect, and manage New Hampshire’s water resources by:
- Learning about ground-breaking research and its application;
- Receiving latest updates on water related policies and agency programs;
- Gaining knowledge about effective water education and outreach;
- Participating in training sessions to improve organizational skills and functioning;
- Sharing understanding, concerns, accomplishments, skills and perspectives with others;
- Contributing to state-wide planning efforts for New Hampshire’s water future.
Thank you to our conference sponsors:
Rivers and Lakes Sponsors:
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- New Hampshire Fish and Game Department
- New Hampshire Lakes Association
- New Hampshire Rivers Council
- New Hampshire Water Resources Research Center
- US Geological Survey, NH-VT Water Science Center
- Weston & Sampson
- White Mountain National Forest
Streams and Ponds Sponsors:
The NH Water & Watershed Conference is organized by a group of people from PSU’s Center for the Environment, NH Department of Environmental Services, UNH NH Water Resources Research Center, UNH Cooperative Extension, NH Rivers Council, NH Lakes Association, NH Fish and Game Department, US Geological Survey, White Mountain National Forest, Weston & Sampson.
For more information, please contact June Hammond Rowan at the Center for the Environment, Plymouth State University (603-535-3179)