CFE faculty have been busy this fall with presentations and publications:
Mark Green presented a talk on “Regional detection of environmental thresholds” at the United Nation’s International Symposium on Ecohydrology, Biotechnology & Engineering: Towards Harmony between the Biogeosphere and Society on the basis of Long-Term Ecosystem Research in Lodz, Poland on September 16-22.
Mark Green gave a talk at the annual International Long-term Ecological Research meeting in Seoul, South Korea on October 6-11, 2013. His talk was on “Leading with data to integrate our understanding of ecosystems.”
On October 29, 2013, Lisa Doner presented a paper entitled “Climate change communication between TV broadcast meteorologists and their viewing audience” at the Geological Society of America Annual meeting in Denver, CO. Co-authors include PSU faculty Mary Ann McGarry and Lourdes Avilés, and PSU graduate students, Rachelle Lyons and Kristiana Wilkinson. The work is published in the Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs. Vol. 45, No. 7, p. 655.
Recent publications by CFE faculty:
- Briceño, H. O., J. N. Boyer, J. Castro, & P. Harlem. 2013. Biogeochemical classification of South Florida’s estuarine and coastal waters. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 75: 187–204.
- Kelble C.R., Loomis D.K., Lovelace S., Nuttle W.K., Ortner P.B., Fletcher P., Cook G.S., Lorenz J.J., Boyer J.N. 2013. The EBM-DPSER Conceptual Model: Integrating Ecosystem Services into the DPSIR Framework. PLoS ONE 8(8): e70766. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0070766.
- Rogers, S.H.; Gardner, K.H.; Carlson, C.H. Social Capital and Walkability as Social Aspects of Sustainability. 2013.Sustainability. 5: 3473-3483.
- Wollheim, W. M., Green, M. B., Pellerin, B. A., Morse, N. B., & Hopkinson, C. S. 2013. Causes and Consequences of Ecosystem Service Regionalization in a Coastal Suburban Watershed. Estuaries and Coasts, doi: 10.1007/s12237-013-9646-8.
- Yamashita, Y., J. N. Boyer, & R. Jaffé. 2013. Evaluating the distribution of terrestrial dissolved organic matter in a complex coastal ecosystem using fluorescence spectroscopy. Continental Shelf Research. 66: 136–144.