Please join us on Wednesdays at 4 pm in Boyd Science Center, Room 001 for the 2014 Spring Science Colloquium. Each term, we offer a variety of talks and speakers covering diverse topics. For more information contact Angie Preisendorfer (603-535-3179) or Shannon Rogers.
- February 26 – The Geology of New Hampshire’s White Mountains, Richard Boisvert, NH State Archaeologist; J. Dykstra Eusden, Bates College; Brian Fowler, Mt. Washington Observatory; Woody Thompson, Maine Geological Survey (Presenters will also be available for book signing.)
- March 12 – A Day in the Life of a County Forester: Working with New Hampshire’s Private Woodlot Owners to Be the Best Stewards of the Land, David Falkenham, Grafton County Extension Forester, UNH Cooperative Extension
- March 26 – The Changing Climate of Science, Politics and Climate Change, Roger Stephenson, Outreach Consultant, Union of Concerned Scientists
- April 9 – Climate Change in New England: A Review of Historical Hydrologic Records and Projections for the 21st Century, Thomas Huntington Research Hydrologist U.S. Geological Survey
- April 16 – Exploring the Linkages Between Ecosystem Services and Human Health, Kathleen Bush, Research Assistant Professor, PSU Center for the Environment
- April 23 – Gambling with the Globe: The Role of Risk in Climate Policy Decisions, Mark Borsuk, Associate Professor of Engineering Thayer School of Engineering Dartmouth College
- April 30 – More Than a Century of Conservation in the Squam Watershed, Rebecca Hanson, Director of Conservation, Squam Lakes Association