In the event the Inclement Weather plan is implemented, Commencement ceremonies will be held indoors. Graduates will be allotted three (3) tickets for guests to view the ceremony indoors. These tickets must be picked up by Friday, April 27, 2012 from the PSU Bookstore.
Please Note: The alternate venues are for inclement weather only. If the weather permits, the ceremony will be held outside, as scheduled.
Inclement Weather Tickets
- Tickets are distributed during Graduates Day on Friday, March 9, 2012 to graduates who have filed to participate on May 19, 2012.
- Alternate pick up for inclement weather tickets is March 19-April 27, 2012 at the PSU Bookstore, or on Thursday, April 5 from 5-8 p.m. at the PSU College of Graduate Studies location at 2 Pillsbury Street in Concord
Tickets are needed ONLY if the ceremony is held indoors and seating is limited due to the size constraints of our indoor facilities. Participating graduates will be assigned three (3) tickets. Students should pick up their inclement weather tickets, with their caps and gowns during Graduates Day on March 9 or during the alternate pick up dates (see above).
To secure seats in the inclement weather venue, you must pick up your inclement weather tickets by April 27, 2012. Please be sure you pick up your tickets when you pick up your cap and gown, and keep them in a safe place. Lost tickets cannot be replaced.
Inclement Weather Locations
In the event of inclement weather, Commencement ceremonies will be held in the Ice Arena (College of Business Administration), the Hartman Union Building (College of Education, Health and Human Services) and the PE Center (College of Arts and Sciences). The color of your ticket — salmon, purple or blue — indicates where your graduate will participate in the event of inclement weather. Determine your alternate location from the list below.
PSU WELCOME CENTER and ICE ARENA: College of Business Administration (SALMON ticket)
- Business Administration
- Management (BS and MBA)
Video of this ceremony will be simulcast in Silver Center’s Smith Recital Hall and online.
HARTMAN UNION BUILDING (HUB): College of Education, Health and Human Services (BLUE ticket)
- Athletic Training (MS)
- Educational Leadership (MEd, CAGS)
- Counselor Education & School Psychology
- Criminal Justice
- Health and Human Performance
- Integrated Arts (MEd)
- Learning, Leadership, and Community (EdD)
- Reading and Writing (MEd)
- Social Work
- Special Education (MEd)
Video of this ceremony will be simulcast in the Hartman Union Building (HUB) Hage Room and online.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION CENTER: College of Arts and Sciences (PURPLE ticket)
- Applied Meteorology (MS)
- Art Education (MAT)
- Atmospheric Sciences and Chemistry
- Communication & Media
- Computer Science
- English Education (MEd)
- Environmental Science and Policy
- French Education (MEd)
- Heritage Studies (MEd)
- History and Philosophy
- Languages and Linguistics
- Math Education (MEd)
- Music, Theatre and Dance
- Music Education (MEd)
- Science Education (MS and MAT)
- Social Science
- Spanish Education (MEd)
- TESOL: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MEd)
Video of this ceremony will be simulcast in the Silver Center’s Hanaway Theatre and online.
Video Viewing Locations
In addition to the above locations, additional guests can view Commencement via simulcast video in the following locations:
- The PE Center ceremony will be simulcast in the Silver Center’s Hanaway Theatre
- The Ice Arena/Welcome Center ceremony will be simulcast in the Silver Center’s Smith Recital Hall
- The Hartman Union Building (HUB) ceremony will be simulcast in the HUB Hage Room
Tickets are not required to view the ceremony from these alternate viewing sites. The main video feed from the Physical Education Center, with commencement speakers, will be shown at each location and on each individual video feed until it is time for the conferral of degrees. At that time, the remote locations will begin their own ceremonies and the individual remote video feeds (and online feeds) will display the activity from the remote locations.