The Honorary Degrees and Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for individuals to be considered for honorary doctoral degrees or Granite State Awards from Plymouth State University for the 2014-15 academic year. All nominations will be reviewed by the committee and selected nominations will be forwarded to President Steen for approval. Nominations must be received by May 16, 2014.
Honorary Degree and Granite State Award recipients may be among the featured speakers at a Fall Convocation or University Commencement. This is your opportunity to participate in nominating worthy individuals to be honored and possibly be one of the speakers. Please consider making a nomination.
Honorary doctoral degrees are conferred upon:
- outstanding NH citizens who bring honor, prestige, and recognition to the state;
- outstanding alumni;
- outstanding living benefactors;
- individuals of national and/or international importance whose contributions have enhanced society as a whole or have brought significant enrichment or benefit to particular groups.
Granite State Awards are conferred upon New Hampshire’s leaders in:
- business, industry, agriculture, trade associations, and labor organizations;
- teachers in high or preparatory schools;
- professional persons;
- citizens whose achievements in their own area have made outstanding contributions to the Granite State;
- agencies, corporations, and foundations when these have provided extraordinary services or proved to be of great benefit to NH.
Eligibility: Current members of PSU or USNH are not eligible to be nominated. Former members may be considered if it is at least two years after retirement/employment.
Process: Provide name, biographical, and other information substantiating the reasons for the nomination. Please send nomination materials to Jennifer Smith at MSC 3 or email@example.com. Be sure to provide a clear reason as to why your nomination should be considered for an award.
If the person or group being nominated has a connection to PSU, please describe the connection. All information submitted is treated confidentially.