Explore the science of life from minute strands of DNA to complex ecosystems that stretch for miles and miles.
The Department of Biological Sciences offers opportunities for research and study using the latest technology and equipment, in the lab or in the field. In faraway tropical rainforests and coral reef habitats or New Hampshire’s own lakes and forests, PSU students work hands-on with faculty members to answer some of life’s toughest questions.
As a biology major you’ll experience:
- Degree programs in biology, biological science education, biotechnology, or environmental biology
- Minors in biology and neuroscience
- Courses in zoology, anatomy and physiology, conservation, ecology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, and marine biology just to name a few
- Opportunities for local, national, and international field studies
- A talented and diverse faculty
- State-of-the-art laboratory and research facilities, including an electron microscopy suite, 1,400 liter marine aquarium, fully-equipped human physiology lab, museum and specimen room, and rooftop greenhouse
- Partnerships with the Center for the Environment, an innovative regional research center focused on environmental science and conservation.