Graduate Degrees & Certificates

The Counselor Education and School Psychology Department offers the following degree programs, professional certifications, and graduate certificates.

Master Degrees

Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS)

Specialist Certification Options (with master’s or post-master’s)

Graduate Certificates

Professional Certification in School Counseling or School Psychology

These non-degree programs of study are for students who already have Master’s degrees in related fields who wish to become certified as school counselors or school psychologists. The professional certification programs are therefore flexible to meet the needs of incoming professionals. Prospective School Psychology students show that they have certain necessary competencies by completing an electronic portfolio that documents NH state school psychology competencies. Prospective School Counseling students demonstrate competency by taking and passing the CPCE and by completing the School Counseling Reflective Portfolio requirements. It is the goal of the Counselor Education and School Psychology faculty to facilitate the professional certification process for interested and qualified students.

Contact Us

Department of Counselor Education and School Psychology

Samuel Read Hall, 3rd floor

M, W, Th, F, 9am to 5pm
Tuesdays, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Or by appointment
Phone: (603) 535-3119
Gary Goodnough, Chair
Fax: (603) 535-2117

Mailing Address
Plymouth State University
Counselor Education and School Psychology
17 High Street, MSC 58
Plymouth, NH 03264