Office: Hyde Hall 334C
Fall office hours:
Monday, Wednesday* & Friday 9:10am – 10:00am in Plymouth
Monday 3:30 – 5:00 in Concord (2 Pillsbury St., Suite 502)
*due to a 9:00am department meeting on the first Wednesday of the month, office hours on these days will be rescheduled from Wednesday 9:10-10:00 to Friday from 12:10-1:00.
About Professor Mackey
David A. Mackey is a Professor of Criminal Justice at Plymouth State University. He received his Bachelor of Science and Masters of Arts degrees in Criminal Justice from the University of Massachusetts Lowell. He earned his Ph.D. in Criminology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1997. He is a lifetime member of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences and the Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences. He is also a member of the American Society of Criminology. He co-edited Crime Prevention, published by Jones and Bartlett, with Kristine Levan of Plymouth State University.
- Mackey, David & Courtright, Kevin (2012). Connecting academic criminal justice to the practitioner perspective: The efficacy of the professional interview published in The Journal of Criminal Justice Education.
- Mackey, David & Smith, Michael (2012) X-ray scanning, wiretaps, and other searches: College students’ perceptions of the reasonableness and intrusiveness of homeland security searches published in Criminal Justice Studies: A Critical Journal of Crime, Law and Society, Special Issue Homeland Security Ten Years After 9/11.
- Courtright, Kevin, Mackey, David & Packard, Susan. (2011). Criminal justice job desirability among incoming freshmen: Exploring relationships between personal characteristics and occupational attractiveness published in Corrections Compendium.
Awards or recognition
- Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences Regional Fellow’s Award, 2011
- CJ 1010 The Criminal Justice System
- CJ 3080 Juvenile Delinquency
- CJ 3090 Criminology
- CJ 3150 Society, Ethics & the Law
- CJ 4400 Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- CJ 4800 Criminal Justice Seminar