Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
BA, MS, PhD, University of Texas-Dallas
Office Location: Hyde Hall 343
Spring office hours: Monday & Wednesday 1:30pm – 3:30pm
About Professor Levan
Kristine Levan joined the Criminal Justice Department at PSU in 2009. She is an Assistant Professor, and her teaching and research interests include prison culture, violence in prison, sexual assault, homicide, and capital punishment. Prior research experience includes conducting surveys of male inmates on their perceptions of institutional violence, and follow-up data collection of probationers and parolees.
- Levan, Kristine (2012) Prison Violence: Causes, Consequences and Solutions. Ashgate Publications.
- Mackey, David and Kristine Levan (Eds.) (2012). Crime Prevention. Jones and Bartlett.
- Levan, Kristine, Polzer, Katherine, & Downing, Steven (2011). Media and prison sexual assault: How we got to the “Don’t drop the soap” culture. International Journal of Criminological and Sociological Theory, 4(2).
- Miller, Kristine Levan (2010). Teaching Tips: Engaging Students in Criminological Theory. The Criminologist, 35(6).
- Miller, Kristine Levan (2010). The Darkest Figure of Crime: Perceptions of Reasons for Male Inmates to not Report Sexual Assault. Justice Quarterly 27(5).
- CJ 1010 The Criminal Justice System
- CJ 2070 Corrections
- CJ 3090 Criminology
- CJ 4800 CJ Senior Seminar
- Advisor, Criminal Justice Organization, Plymouth State University