- The Film and Media Studies option lets you explore media history, theory, and criticism in relation to films, television, radio programs, print media, social media, and emerging technologies. This is an excellent choice for students who plan on careers in film, television, advertising, public relations, print and broadcast journalism, mass communication, professional writing, digital communication, and related areas. This option also prepares students for graduate work in communication or related disciplines.
- The Professional Communication option lets you explore various approaches to persuasive communication. You will learn to identify and apply theories and techniques for effective communication in a variety of professional settings. This option could be for you if you plan a career in the fields of corporate communication, public communication, political communication, professional/technical writing, promotion, sales, sports marketing/advertising, integrated marketing communication, public relations, advertising, or related areas. This option also prepares students for graduate work in communication or related disciplines.
The Department of Communication and Media Studies offers minors in:
- Digital Media and Game Design offers students the opportunity to create and critique digital media offerings.
- Media Studies offers students in-depth exploration of the history, theory, criticism, and effects of media offerings.
- Professional Communication offers students the opportunity to explore theories and techniques that enable effective communication to occur in a variety of professional settings.