Teaching Lecturer, Communication and Media Studies
ML, Franklin Pierce Law Center; JD, University of Madrid
Phone: (603) 620-1836
Office: Hyde 415
About Professor Alonso
Angel is a lawyer in Spain and also a member of the Bar Association of the state of New York. He is currently completing his SJD degree at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, with a focus on Communication Law (specifically about law and the digital age in Europe and the United States). This wide area allows him to explore media and legal issues from a wide area of perspectives.
Angel obtained an LLM degree from the Franklin Pierce Law Center. He teaches courses related to media, law, and film. He also taught courses within the Graduate School of Journalism and Communication of Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia.
Angel continues to present his research at national and international conferences related to communication, media and law.
His thesis on this topic is currently under review by publishers in Spain.
• Film History 1. Fall 2010. Online.
• Media Cyber-ethics and Intellectual Property. Spring 2011. On Campus.
• Sex and Cinema in the 20th Century (and Beyond). Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Summer 2011, Fall 2011 (two groups), Winter 2012, Summer 2012. Online.
• “Deviants” in Film and Society. Summer 2011, Fall 2011, Winter 2012, Spring 2012 (two groups), Fall 2012. Online.
• Introduction to Media & Cultural Studies. Spring 2012, Summer 2012, Fall 2012 (two groups). Online.