Professor Computer Science & Technology
BS, Zhejiang University; MA, Queens College (CUNY); MPhil, Graduate School (CUNY); PhD, City University of New York
Phone: (603) 535-2534
Office: Memorial 215
About Professor Shen
Dr. Zhizhang Shen graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science from Zhejiang University, People’s Republic of China, in 1983.
Dr. Shen’s main teaching interests lie in Theoretical Computer Science and Algorithm Analysis. His research interests include interconnection network performance analysis and applied combinatorics. Dr. Shen has published more than sixty conference papers, as well as journal articles.
- Shen, Z., and Marston, C., A study of a dice problem, Applied Mathematics and Computation 73(2-3) (1995) 231-247.
- Shen, Z., A study of a generalization of a card problem. Applied Mathematics and Computation 166(2) (2005) 385-410.
- Shen, Z., Qiu, K., and Cheng, E., On the surface area of the (n, k)-star graph. Theoretical Computer Science 410(52) (2009), 5481-5490.
- Cheng, E., Qiu, K., and Shen, Z., On the surface areas of the asymmetric twisted cubes, in Proc. Fifth Annual International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (COCOA’2011), August 4-6, 2011, Zhang Jia Jie, China, Springer LNCS 6831, pp.411-423.
- Cheng, E., Qiu, K., and Shen, Z., A generating function approach to the edge surface area of the arrangement graphs. The Computer Journal (2012) DOI: 10.1093/comjnl/bxs055.
- CS 3221 – Algorithm Analysis
- CS 3600 – Introduction to Databases
- CS 3780 – Introduction to Theory of Computation