If I earn my certification in New Hampshire, will I be eligible to teach in another state?

June 17th, 2010 by Bridget

New Hampshire is a member of the Interstate Certification Contract. A graduate is eligible to earn a certificate or license in another Contract state upon application to that state’s department of education. There are approximately 41 other states involved in this reciprocal certification.

If I become eligible to teach physical education, can I teach another content area?

June 17th, 2010 by Bridget

Many schools allow teaching in another content area as long as you teach within your content area for the majority of the time.

If I teach in physical education can I coach within the district without having an option in Coaching?

June 17th, 2010 by Bridget

In most districts, you are not required to have an option in coaching in order to coach.

Can I earn more than one teacher certification option during a 4-year program? Would this be advantageous?

June 17th, 2010 by Bridget

Yes. You can earn dual options within a 4-year time span. Teacher certification works well within Health Education minor (18 credits) and minors outside the department. The department offers a dual certification in physical education and health. You would be eligible to teach in both areas.

Earning more than one certification does provide greater marketability during your job search.

Coming in 2015

August 18th, 2014 by Eric

visit ALLWell North siteComing in 2015…
Academic & Athletic Complex

Alex Sanguily video

December 17th, 2013 by Eric

play videoAdventure Education
Alex Sanguily

Contact Us

Department of Health and Human Performance

Draper & Maynard, 4th floor
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., M–F

Phone: 603-535-2293
Email: jvstalnaker@plymouth.edu
(Jamie Stalnaker, Administrative Assistant)
Fax: 603-535-2395

Mailing Address
17 High Street
MSC #22
Plymouth, NH 03264