You love to perform. You love to teach. Whether you are singing your heart out in a classical chamber choir, delivering a scorching monologue, teaching a voice lesson, conducting a rehearsal, or flexing your muscles through modern dance, the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance is there to help you perfect your technique, encourage your creative spirit, and give you a chance to shine.
Located in the Silver Center for the Arts, the creative heart of the Plymouth State University campus and community, our department has plenty to offer performers in every discipline.
- Majors in music, music education and theatre, with options that range from music technology or piano performance to theatrical design, theatre history, dramatic writing and music theatre performance
- A self-designed interdisciplinary dance major that can be combined with other majors such as theatre or business
- A dance pedagogy curriculum approved by the National Dance Education Organization
- Flexible minors in music and dance that allow you to dive into your artistic hobby
- Passionate, talented faculty who are practicing artists, performers, educators and technicians
- A variety of performance opportunities, including chamber ensembles, instrumental groups, jazz combos, choral groups, symphonic band, contemporary dance ensemble and Plymouth State Theatre
- Opportunities to work with renowned guest artists, choreographers and composers
- Outstanding facilities, including the 680-seat Hanaway Theatre, a recital hall, studio theatre, electronic piano lab, MIDI lab, rehearsal rooms, dance and acting studios and theatre shops