Saturday, February 2, 2013
Dance Premiere featuring Boston’s Urbanity Dance!
Betsi Graves, Artistic Director of Urbanity Dance will offer master classes along with current company members. Curious about Urbanity Dance? Check them out at: www.urbanitydance.org
What is the Dance Premiere?
A day-long celebration of dance with master classes by PSU Faculty and Urbanity Dance. Choose from classes in modern, contemporary, tap, jazz, partnering, repretory, circus, physical theater, resume writing and audition techniques!
Here’s how it works:
- Create your own personal schedule of five master classes; you’ll get to choose from a variety of teachers and dance styles
- Dance your heart out all day long.
- In the afternoon, relax, eat dinner, and get dolled up for a gala performance in the Silver Center for the Arts’ Hanaway Theatre featuring the Urbanity Dance and — you!
How Do I Register for the Dance Premiere?
Individual dancers and/or dance schools can register to participate in the PSU Dance Premiere online at https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=11224
(payable via check to “Plymouth State University”)
- $60.00 per individual (all day – classes + performances)
- $40.00 per individual (half day master classes only)
- Instructor Discount: Instructors bringing 10+ students may come free of charge!
How Do I Submit a Work for Adjudication?
1. Submit your completed work or work-in-progress via YouTube or Vimeo link to Amanda Whitworth, Director of Dance at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Video should include:
- Introduction of choreographer
- Where the choreographer is from
- Name of studio or company if applicable
- Music, costume or any other credits
- Brief discussion about the inspiration for the piece (if the work is not yet complete, please tell us where your work is headed)
3. Submissions must be emailed no later than January 14, 2013.
What Should I Do If I Still Have Questions?
Email email@example.com or call (603) 535-2715.