Before entering college, you should have studied, and be able to demonstrate acceptable performance of, standard pedagogical material including Kayser Books I, II and III; Mazas Books I & III; Dancla Op. 74, School of Mechanism. Solo literature should include such works as the Vivaldi Concerto in A minor Op. 3, No. 6, and others of similar difficulty.
- Kreutzer Studies #1–15
- Appropriate solo literature such as Handel Sonatas #1 – 6, J.S. Bach Concerto in A Minor No. 1
- Scales in conjunction with musicianship studies.
- Kreutzer Studies #16–30
- Appropriate solo literature according to needs of student Grade V.
- Three octave scales and arpeggios.
- Kreutzer Studies #31–42
- Appropriate solo literature Grades V and VI
- Extensive uses of all positions
- Fiorillo and Done Studies
- Solo literature should include Grade VI material and major concertos, and movements from all appropriate periods.