Instrument lockers are primarily for the storage of the department’s instrument collection. Instrumental majors, Symphonic Band members and Jazz Ensemble members may request a locker for storing their own instrument. Requests are made to Dr. Corcoran.
Instruments and lockers are issued on a semester basis. There is no fee for the use of lockers for Music majors and minors. Performance ensemble members and method class students do not have to rent instruments; they are provided free of charge.
Returning PSU-Owned Instruments
- Instruments are to be returned to the Music Department each semester on or before the last day of final exams or performances.
- If a class is dropped for which an instrument has been assigned, the instrument is to be returned within the same week as the drop is initiated.
- If an instrument is no longer required for a class or performance ensemble, the instrument is to be returned within the week.
- The Department reserves the right to withdraw an instrument from use at any time.
- Students are responsible for damaged or lost instruments.