Mary Taylor House, Room 201
About Professor Sandra R. Gamble, MSN, BS, RN
Sandra is one of the three original faculty members of the Plymouth State University School of Nursing. Her area of expertise in nursing practice is psychiatric mental health nursing. Sandra graduated from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst in 1987, with a BS degree in microbiology. She worked as a cellular immunologist at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston for several years, researching intercellular biochemical communication methods. She received her Master’s Degree in Nursing Education from Salem State University in May, 2011. Her graduate thesis was titled Aromatherapy in Pain Management: Assessing the Knowledge and Opinions of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses. Sandra is a member of The American Nurses Association, the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, and the New Hampshire Nurses Association.
- Rock, K. L., Rothstein, L., and Gamble, S. (1990). Generation of Class I MHC-Restricted T-T Hybridomas. Journal of Immunology. Vol. 145, pp 804-811.
- Rock, K. L., Gamble, S., and Rothstein, L. (1990). Presentation of Exogenous Antigen with Class I Major Histocompatibility Molecules. Science. Vol. 249, pp 918-921.
- Rock, K. L., Rothstein, L., Gamble, S., and Benacerraf, B. (1990). Reassociation with Beta-2 Microglobulin is Necessary for K-b Class I Major Histocompatibility Complex Binding of Exogenous Peptides. Immunology. Vol. 87, pp 7517-7521.
- Rock, K. L., Rothstein, L., Gamble, S., Gramm, C., and Benacerraf, B. (1992). Chemical Cross-Linking of Class I Molecules on Cells Creates Receptive Binding Sites. Journal of Immunology. Vol. 148, pp 1451-1457.
- Rock, K. L., Rothstein, L., Gamble, S., and Fleischacker, C. (1993). Characterization of Antigen-Presenting Cells that Present Exogenous Antigen in Association with Class I MHC Molecules. Journal of Immunology. Vol. 150, pp 438-446.
- Rock, K. L., Fleischacker, C., and Gamble, S. (1993). Peptide-Priming of Cytolitic T Cell Immunity in Vivo Using Beta-2 Microglobulin as an Adjuvant. Journal of Immunology. Vol. 150, pp 1244-1252.
- Substance Abuse Clinical Assessment & Treatment in Medically-Admitted Patients. Littleton Regional Hospital Grand Rounds, Sept. 26, 2012. Littleton, NH
Awards or recognitions:
Nominated: Distinguished Teaching Award, Plymouth State University, April, 2012.
- Professional Issues in Nursing (NR 3040)
- Clinical Applications of Patient-Centered Care (NR 3050)
- Evidence-Based Practice (NR 3060)
- Clinical Applications of Evidence-Based Practice (NR 3090)
- Teamwork & Collaboration (NR 4010)
- Clinical Applications in Specialty Settings (NR 4040)
- Geriatric Resource Nurse, by Northeast Hospitals Foundations for Geriatric Nursing, in conjunction with Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE), Jan., 2011.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers, by the American Heart Association.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB), by BayRidge Hospital, Oct., 2010.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS), by the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dec., 2011