There are many different options for careers in Psychology. Here are some suggestions for how to begin your search:
- What can I do with a degree in Psychology? – Many students do not realize how many opportunities there are in Psychology.
- So you think you want to go to graduate school in Psychology? – Start here by looking at recommendations from the American Psychological Association
- Career Services – PSU offers this one-stop shop for help with writing resumes, interviewing, job-seeking, internships, finding graduate programs, etc.
- Learn to market yourself – There are tons of available classes in career exploration at PSU that will instruct you in how to create a resume, search for jobs, and have a successful interview.
- Salaries – Read this article about salaries as a function of academic area, highest degree, and experience (published in 2011)
- Comprehensive career advice podcasts – You have no idea how to start looking for a job? Start here to avoid silly mistakes.
- Did you know that the Psychology Department has reference books on graduate programs that are available to students? Here are the titles of some texts that are located in room 401 Hyde: (coming soon)