There are many different options for careers in Psychology. Here are some suggestions for how to begin your search:
- What can I do with a degree in Psychology? – Many students do not realize how many opportunities there are in Psychology. You don’t have to go to grad school, people.
- Career Services – PSU offers this one-stop shop for help with writing resumes, interviewing, job-seeking, internships, finding graduate programs, etc.
- Learn to market yourself – There are tons of available classes in career exploration at PSU that will instruct you in how to create a resume, search for jobs, and have a successful interview.
- Salaries – Read this article about salaries as a function of academic area, highest degree, and experience (published in 2011)
- Post-graduate service experiences – The motto of PSU is Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), but do you have any idea how many (poorly paid) service opportunities there are after graduation? Just a few examples are the Peace Corps, Teach for America, AmeriCorps, and programs for teaching English abroad. There are extraordinary benefits when you look closely, but be warned: these are more competitive than you might expect!