Just in case you’re not aware of the importance of your college grades, check out this free podcast from hiring managers: Get good grades.
If you’re having difficulties with your classes, remember that there are many resources on campus to help you:
- The Math Activity Center, located in 351 Hyde (535-2581), has a tutoring schedule as well as a study area where you can work independently until you need help.
- The Writing Center, located on the lower level of Lamson (535-2831), can help with everything from an English paper to a resume.
- The Plymouth Academic Support Services (PASS) Office, located in Lamson (535-2270) offers tutoring, learning skill development, and services for students with disabilities.
- Tutors are also available for help with particular psychology classes (e.g., Statistics). Information regarding these tutors is typically posted on flyers throughout the 4th floor of Hyde.
- The Counseling and Human Relations Center, located just east of Hyde Hall (535-2461), offers free counseling services and stress-management workshops for students.
- The Reflection and Spiritual Care Center, located in Hall Hall (535-2673 or 960-1828) , offers personal and spiritual counseling.
- The SAGE Center, located in Hogan House (535-2387), offers a variety of women and gender programs and services.
- The Wellness Center, located in the HUB (535-2853), offers support for holistic health and well-being.
Many students expect that their study strategies from high school will translate to their college classes, but this is often not the case. I encourage you to watch ALL of the videos with special attention to the 4th video!
Other helpful websites:
Look here for information about Academic Warnings, Probation, and Severance.