Engage in the fascinating study of the mind, brain and human behavior. Explore why people act and think the way they do. Through research projects, internships and examination of the work of renowned psychologists throughout the world, you will gain a better understanding of the human mind and how it works.
As a psychology major you’ll experience:
- A Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees, with options in developmental psychology, mental health, and psychology and law
- Coursework in child development, cognitive psychology, personality, psychology of aging, abnormal psychology, community mental health and other topics
- A diverse and committed faculty with expertise in research and clinical work
- An Honors Program that allows undergraduates to partner with faculty sponsors to complete original research projects
- Opportunities to engage in community internships and research activities
- Preparation for graduate school or a career in health, child development, law and other fields
For Introduction to Psychology students who are interested in earning research credit by participating in psychological studies, please log in to our online sign-up system here: http://plymouth.sona-systems.com. Your username will be the same as your myPlymouth user ID, and your initial password will be “research”. Please also see the video tutorial below.