The Social Science Department offers a range of degree options to meet your academic and career needs.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology/Sociology offers a comprehensive study of human behavior, focused on global diversity, ethnic and gender identity, social class and other areas. Students can choose from options in anthropology or sociology.
- The Bachelor of Science in Environmental Planning offers a combination of coursework in the social and natural sciences, business and other disciplines, preparing students for careers in planning and management at the local, state and federal level.
- The Bachelor of Science in Geography offers coursework focused on the relationship between human and natural worlds. Options are available in geographic information systems and terrain analysis.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science explores the role of government in local, state and national communities. Research, problem solving and decision-making skills are emphasized.
- The Bachelor of Science in Public Management offers coursework in politics, government, business, economics and other fields. This degree program prepares students for graduate study in public administration or employment in public and private organizations at the local, state and federal level.
- The Bachelor of Science in Social Science offers students an opportunity for interdisciplinary coursework across the social science disciplines, with a concentration focus in two: anthropology, sociology, environmental planning, geography, history and political science. Students wishing to pursue certification in the social studies (grades 5-12) can obtain certification through the Social Studies Education program.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Management and Policy offers students the opportunities to become skilled tracking trends within the tourism industry, develop a keen sense of the history of the tourism industry thereby bringing greater efficiency to large and small tourism and hospitality ventures.
- Certificates in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Certificates in Hospitality Management
The Social Science Department offers minors and certificates in