Professor of Geography and Environmental Planning; Coordinator, Geography/Environmental Planning/Tourism Management and Policy; SABB SP2015
BA, University of Minnesota; MS, PhD, Pennsylvania State University
Rounds 308 (Maynard Weston Dow Geographic Information Systems Laboratory Rounds 313 (personal office)
Department of Social Science, 17 High Street, Plymouth, NH 03264, MSC #39
About Professor Schroeder:
My teaching interests are in the fields of Environmental Geography and Geographic Information Systems. I am the faculty member in charge of the Maynard Weston Dow Geographic Information Systems Laboratory, which is used for teaching and research in geosciences.
My major research interests are in historical geography and military geography, especially the military geography of conflicts in the period 1790 to 1918.
- Will attend Biennial Meeting of International Conference for Military Geosciences, Edinburgh, Scotland, Spring 2013. Presenting paper on the Military Geography of Mid-Nineteenth Century Revolutions and Rebellions.
- Presented paper on the Geography of Desert Warfare in North Africa, 1940-1943 at International Conference for Military Geosciences, Desert Research Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Co-principal investigator with Christine Rine from Department of Social Work on research project using GIS to investigate the geographic distribution of foster children in New Hampshire using geocoded data from New Hampshire Department of Social Services.
Awards or recognition
Former President, Military Geography Specialty Group, Association of American Geographers, 2001-2002
- GE1200 – Environmental Geography
- GE2090 – Computer Mapping
- GE3270 – Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- GE4110 – Topics in Regional Geography: Historical Geography of Europe
- GE4270 – Advanced Geographic Information Systems
- GE4280 – GIS Applications: Computer Mapping