Social Work Organizations
- Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, Inc. (BPD)An association of B.S.W. program administrators, faculty, field directors and others dedicated to the promotion of excellence in baccalaureate social work education.
- Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA)ACOSA is a membership organization for community organizers, planners, activists, administrators, policy practice specialists, students and professors. ACOSA members represent a variety of disciplines and professional fields that strive to strengthen community organization and social administration in social work practice and education.
- Association for the Advancement of Social Work with Groups (AASWG)AASWG is an international not-for-profit professional organization of group workers and friends who support its program of advocacy and action for practice, education, research and writing about social work with groups.
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)CSWE is a national association that preserves and enhances the quality of social work education for practice which promotes the goals of individual and community well-being and social justice. CSWE pursues this mission through setting and maintaining policy and program standards, accrediting bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in social work, promoting research and faculty development, and advocating for social work education.
- Institute for the Advancement of Social Work Research (IASWR)IASWR is a Washington, D.C., based non-profit organization. It aims to improve the lives of vulnerable populations by advocating for research to strengthen the social work profession’s capacity to address social needs, and to improve prevention and treatment interventions, services and policies.
- Influencing State Policy (ISP)ISP assists social work faculty and students in learning means of influencing the formation, implementation and evaluation of state-level policy and legislation.
- International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW)IASSW is an international community of schools and educators in social work that promotes social work education world-wide.
- International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW)IFSW is a global organization striving for social justice, human rights and social development through the development of social work, best practices and international cooperation between social workers and their professional organizations.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with nearly 150,000 members. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies.
- The New Social Worker OnlineAn online magazine for social work students and recent graduates.
- Rural Social Work CaucusAn organization that focuses on the importance of the practice of social work in rural areas.
- School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA)The SSWAA is a professional organization of school social workers working in public and private schools throughout the United States of America.
- Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR)SSWR is a free-standing organization that works collaboratively with other organizations to improve support for research among social workers.
- New Hampshire Chapter, NASW
- Social Work TodaySocial Work Today is an online and hard copy bi-monthly news magazine featuring timely and engaging editorial content on topics vital to social work professionals.
Social Work Research Sites
- New York University’s Ehrenkranz School of Social WorkWorld Wide Web Resources for Social WorkersThis site was created to facilitate social workers’ access to information available on the World Wide Web. This site contains 75,927 links.
- Social Work Access Network (SWAN)SWAN is a popular research site used by professionals, educators and students searching the Web for resources related to social work. SWAN provides information and networking opportunities.
Social Work Jobs
- Social Work Job BankAn online career center established by The New Social Worker magazine, featuring social work jobs at all professional levels, in a variety of settings, around the world—as well as articles and resources relating to careers in the profession of social work.