Empowering others, effecting change
You want to make the world a better place.
Start by earning a Bachelor of Science in Social Work degree accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. You will be ready to advocate for social change and economic justice. Social workers plan an important role in the lives of people of all ages and advocate for social and economic justice locally and globally.
Whether you are interested in working with children, youth, and families, older adults, or diverse populations, you will gain the social work knowledge and skills necessary for a rewarding career in a wide range of practice fields including child and family services, school social work, health, and mental health services, aging services, substance abuse, domestic violence, military social work,and other practice fields.
As a social work major you’ll experience:
- Five degree options in aging services, child and family services, health services, mental health services, and Spanish language;
- A well-established degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education;
- A curriculum focused on social and economic justice, human diversity, and human rights;
- The opportunity for applied learning through the field practicum;
- Educational partnerships in child welfare (full tuition and $2,500 annual stipend) and geriatric social work;
- A student Social Work Club actively engaged in community service;
- Professional preparation for career development and graduate study.