Given the size of the social work faculty, there is no committee structure within the department. However, there is an Advisory Board to the program that was established in Fall 1992. The purpose and structure are as follows:
- To develop and maintain ongoing ties between the social work practice community and the program/department.
- To provide opportunities for students, field instructors and social work practitioners to contribute to the program’s educational policies and curriculum content.
8-10 members representing students (currently enrolled and alumni/ae), field instructors, and social work practitioners from a range of fields of practice; Program Director and Field Education Director. The student who attends the meetings is either the President of the Social Work Club or someone chosen by the club President to attend. View a list of our members >>
Meetings are held as needed, usually 2-3 times a year. All Social Work faculty are invited to attend.
Board members have the opportunity to offer feedback, suggestions and recommendations to address the areas listed below, as well as others identified by the board:
- student preparation to meet community needs;
- expectations for students in field education and ability of agencies to meet these needs;
- anticipated changes in the curriculum and/or structure of the program; and
- the maintenance and development of educational policies regarding student recruitment, admission, advisement, retention, and graduation.