The S.A.G.E. (Sexuality, Anti-Violence, and Gender Equity) Center is a source of support and education for students, faculty and staff at Plymouth State University. The center’s mission is to raise awareness of and challenge gender and power inequalities while creating a safe and supportive climate.
Services offered include, but are not limited to the following:
- Information and Referral Services: We serve as an information and referral center for those who need to access and and all relevant campus community services.
- Leadership Opportunities: We offer job, internship and service-learning opportunities as well as a chance to get involved with student groups, planning committees etc.
- Educational Programming: We offer a variety of prevention based workshops, trainings and classroom presentations that address violence prevention, diversity, and gender based issues.
- Direct Services: We offer short-term crisis counseling and advocacy for individuals who have been affected by relationship violence, sexual violence, sexual harassment, and/or hate crimes. We also offer support and education around eating disorders, STD’s, body image, etc.
- Support Groups: We offer a variety of support based groups that address issues related to violence, diversity, and gender based issues.
- Resource Library: We offer a comfortable and relaxing space with a large resource library for all PSU students, faculty, & staff to utilize.
- Annual Events: We are involved with the planning and implementation of a number of annual events held to raise awareness of violence prevention, diversity and gender based issues.