FlexCash is a debit account that can be accessed at a variety of locations around campus with a PSU ID card. All food service areas accept FlexCash, including Prospect Hall, Sidewalk Café, the Woods Cafe, Commons Café, and the Union Grille.
A project is currently underway that will expand usage to select off-campus food establishments during fall 2014. Check this page for more information as the details are finalized.
Click here to download a PDF information sheet on FlexCash.
Advantages of FlexCash
- Discounts – 5% discount at all foodservice retail locations.
- Convenience – No hassle with ATMs or lack of loose change to make your purchase.
- Safety – No need to carry extra money with you around campus just to get something to eat.
- Security – If you lose cash, it’s lost. If you lose your ID card you can report it and secure your funds. If you get a new ID card your funds are accessible immediately.
- Dedicated Money – You know you always have dedicated money for food, snacks, and other campus needs.
- Value – Using your FlexCash card will get you additional discounts off each meal in Prospect Hall.
- Viability – Unused CAMPUS FlexCash goes with you from semester to semester and year to year until you leave PSU for any reason. Soon after, any remaining funds are refunded back to your Student Account Services account for eventual refunding. Note: Board FlexCash (issued as part of a meal plan) is not refundable and expires at the close of each semester.
- Tax-Exempt – Purchases made with FlexCash by students, faculty and staff are tax-exempt.
FlexCash: The Details
- Online via MasterCard or Visa
- Funds ($50 minimum) can be deposited to CAMPUS FlexCash accounts with the use of a Visa or MasterCard through our secure web site go.plymouth.edu/addflexcash. This is a great opportunity for parents or family members to purchase FlexCash for their student!
- Funds deposited through this site are not immediately available: A purchase made prior to 4 p.m. on a business day will be credited the morning of the next business day. A purchase made after 4 p.m. will be credited on the morning of the second business day.
- Value Stations
- There are 3 cash Value Stations located on campus: in the HUB (conveniently located right next to an ATM), in the Center Lodge, and in the Lamson Library entryway. At these stations you can use cash and your PSU ID to deposit funds to your CAMPUS FlexCash account in any amount – and they can be accessed immediately.
- Via a Credit Balance on your Tuition Bill account
- All campus foodservice locations
- Prospect Dining Hall & On The Go
- Union Grille
- The Woods Cafe
- The Commons (@ Lamson Library)
- Sidewalk Cafe
- Ice Rink Concessions
- All campus laundry rooms
- Select copy machines
- Ice skate entry and rentals
- Follett campus bookstore
- HUB Panther print shop
- Board FlexCash
- Included with some meal plans and expires at the end of the semester in which it was issued. This type of FlexCash is not refundable.
- Since BOARD FlexCash expires at the end of each semester, the two FlexCash types are linked to combine their balances, and funds are automatically drawn from BOARD FlexCash first.
- Campus FlexCash
- Can be purchased by any student or staff member and is valid as long as the person is actively associated with PSU (it does not expire). Any balance remaining when the individual leaves PSU gets refunded to the individual’s Student Account Services account.
After it’s been reported lost, have the ID card replaced as soon as possible by going to the ID Center in the HUB.
Revisit go.plymouth.edu/lostid if the ID is found before it has been replaced.
When an ID is replaced or reported lost/stolen, it can no longer be utilized. Typically an ID is validated within a few hours of it being issued; however, on some occasions it can take as long as 24 hours. During this period the ID can still be used at the dining hall and retail operations but its functionality is disabled at vending, laundry, copying, and book store areas. The University is not responsible for any misuse of lost or stolen IDs that are not reported as such.
For questions on FlexCash, email us here.
- On my.Plymouth (Welcome page, bottom left)
- Printed on receipts at retail foodservice locations
- Displayed when used in vending machines, laundry, copiers
- At locations where FlexCash is accepted, Staff can tell you
- NOTE: Campus Value Ports are ONLY able to see the Campus FlexCash balance, NOT Board FlexCash. If you have both, your total balance will not be visible at a Campus Value Port, but will be visible via the other methods listed here.
- Usage history is available on request by visiting Residential Life or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your PSU email account
- In accordance with the PSU Student Handbook:
- Students are required to have a student ID card in order to utilize campus services
- The owner of the ID is responsible for its proper use
- ID cards are non-transferrable
- Representing oneself as another individual is a violation of student conduct
- FlexCash cannot be used to purchase branded gift cards (e.g. Follett Campus Bookstore)
- Additional restrictions apply to other locations
- Board FlexCash not used by the end of the semester is NOT refundable and will expire
- Campus FlexCash stays with you as long as you are associated with PSU and will be refunded if you leave