Student Resources


The University bookstore is located in the Hartman Union Building (HUB).

Computer Account and Password

An official PSU user account is required to access on-campus computers and the Internet, as well as the electronic gateway known as myPlymouth. Through this portal, users have access to campus information, student information, PSU electronic mail, Lamson Library holdings and online coursework through WebCT.

User accounts and passwords are created after the registration process is complete. It may take 24 to 48 hours to process account requests. Account information may be obtained by contacting the Lamson Learning Commons Help Desk at (603) 535-2929. The Help Desk is located on the first floor of Lamson Library. In order to confirm identity, a valid driver’s license or PSU ID is required.

Identification Cards

You will need a valid magnetic stripe PSU picture ID card to access services throughout the campus. This magnetic technology strip on the back of the card provides greater convenience and access to the library, vending machines, snack bar, dining hall, and copier machines. Returning students who already have a magnetic stripe ID card continue to use their ID as in the previous semester. Student status is updated on the computer system and no stickers or other validation steps are necessary. The ID Center is located on the second floor in the Hartman Union Building. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 10:30 a.m.– Noon and 1 – 4:30 p.m..

Lamson Library

Hours of Operation

Non-Discrimination Policy

Plymouth State University, in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran’s status or disability, in admission or access to, treatment of or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries regarding this policy should be made to the Vice President for Student Affairs, Plymouth State University, Plymouth, NH 03264. Further inquiries may also be addressed to the Director, Office of Civil Rights, United States Department of Education, Washington, DC 20201.

PASS (Plymouth Academic Support Services)

PASS is a federally-funded program designed to provide individualized academic assistance to students enrolled at Plymouth State University. Assistance is available for students in time management, exam preparation, note taking and other study techniques. Academic tutors are available in most introductory level courses. Counselors are available to work with students with documented disabilities.

If you have a documented disability that may require a specific academic accommodation, please contact the Office of Continuing Education prior to the start of your course.

Residency Disclaimer

The residency status of non-degree students is determined by the location of their permanent address given at the time of registration (if the registrant has no prior record of degree status at the institution). If previously a degree candidate at Plymouth State University, that prior residency indicator, resident or nonresident, will remain in effect until a new certificate of residency is filed with the University. Please note that the residency status used for Continuing Education purposes is internal to that unit. Notarized certification of residency status is required when applying for admission to a degree program at PSU and does not relate to that used for Continuing Education programs.

Student Handbook

Please be aware that the information located in the Student Handbook is important to each member of the PSU community. It details student rights, responsibilities and services.

University Police

The Plymouth State University Police Department provides 24-hour professional police services to the PSU community. All University police officers are trained and certified as police officers in the State of New Hampshire. PSU Police have authority within the towns of Plymouth and Holderness. PSU Police can be reached in an emergency by dialing 911. Non-emergencies can be handled by dialing ext. 2330 from on-campus phones or (603) 535-2330 from any off-campus phone.

Emergency Blue Light Phones

Emergency Blue Light Phones are located throughout the campus. They can be used to call any on-campus extension. These phones are encased in a gray/yellow box, or a free-standing stanchion, with a blue light above them. Pushing the red emergency button will direct your call to the police.

Blue Light Locations

  • Belknap Hall: outside front and back
  • Blair Hall: outside front
  • Boyd Hall: on path outside north
  • Centre Lodge: outside back
  • Child Development & Family Center: outside front
  • D&M Building: outside front, back and south side
  • Facility Services: shuttle stop
  • Grafton Hall: outside front
  • Hall Residence Hall: outside front
  • Hartman Union Building: outside front and back
  • Highland Street: shuttle stop
  • Hyde Hall: outside back and parking lot
  • Lamson Library: outside back, main entrance and receiving
  • PE Center: shuttle stop
  • Pemi Hall: outside front and back
  • Rounds Hall: outside back
  • Silver Center for the Arts: outside main lot
  • Smith Hall: outside front and back

Vehicles/Parking Permit

All motor vehicles operated and parked on University property must display a valid PSU vehicle parking permit. Parking permits are available for purchase online at Please type in Plymouth for your destination. Then select Plymouth State University, click on the apply button and follow the steps to complete your permit application.

If you are a new student you will need to use your student ID number, which will appear on your student ID card, instead of your social security number. This ID number can also be found on your tuition bill. If you are a returning student you should use the same e-mail address and password you used the previous semester to log into the permit store account you have already established. Payment can be made either online with a credit/debit card, or you can mail a check or money order by following the instructions found on your receipt. Please print your receipt for your records. Your permit will be mailed to the address you provide. Please follow the instructions to print out a temporary permit and place it on your dashboard, on the driver’s side.

If you do not see the type of permit for which you qualify, please contact the Plymouth State University Police office at (603) 535-2330, Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m.– 4 p.m.. and Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.. There are no refunds for purchasing the wrong permit.

Once you have received your permit, you must logon to your account at and activate your permit. A $100 fine will be assessed if you fail to activate your permit, but park on campus.

Weather Cancellations

It is rare to cancel classes because of weather. Commuting students are urged to use their own judgment in case of inclement weather. Please inform the instructor in advance (if possible) that bad weather attendance may be a problem for you due to the location of your residence. To find out if the University has canceled classes, please call the Storm Line at (603) 535-3535 or visit our Website Closings are also broadcast over radio and television and will usually be posted by 6 a.m.