- All building evacuations will occur when an alarm sounds and/or upon notification by Plymouth or Holderness Fire Departments, Campus Police or Safety officials.
- When the building evacuation alarm is activated during an emergency, leave by the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- Do not use the elevators in case of fire and/or earthquake. Their safe operation during emergencies cannot be guaranteed.
- Once outside, proceed to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas, and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. Know your assembly points.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by Fire or Police personnel on the scene.
Important: After an evacuation, report to your designated campus area assembly point or to the area recommended by the responding emergency personnel. Follow any department or building evacuation plans.
Campus Area Evacuations
- The Emergency Manager, Fire Chief, Police Chief or their designee will announce evacuation of all or part of the campus grounds.
- When such an order is given, immediately vacate the area in question and relocate to another part of the campus grounds as directed. Building Managers are responsible for aiding occupants in their buildings that require assistance
Note: Stay in the safe area if you can. If you must leave to go to another safe location, and it is safe to do so, you can. However, try to let others know your plans. Fire or Police Officials will notify you once the emergency situation has ended or has been contained.