Tables are provided free of charge for student organizations and for class events that benefit the greater student population. Tables for individual students are generally not approved but are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Reserve your table via the Web Viewer, just like you would a room on campus, at www.venus.edu.
The Hartman Union allows outside vendors to provide services and information to our student and faculty/staff population. If you are a visitor to PSU and wish to reserve a table in the Hartman Union, contact the HUB Administrative Assistant, Jennifer Smith, by email or by calling 603.535.2376.
Policies & Practices:
- Charges for outside vendor tables: $25.00 per six-feet of space, per day, regardless of whether or not the HUB provides tables or if the vendor provides them (or if additional tables are provided by vendor). If a group or individual is sponsored by a registered PSU student organization or department, table fees are waived. In this case the request must come directly from the student organization.
- Please remain at your assigned table and solicit only to those students who approach your table. Please do not pressure them in any way to visit your table.
- Any recognized student organization advertising an upcoming event may hand out fliers on the alumni green, not necessarily in association with a reserved table.
- Any recruitment efforts not related to a specific student organization sponsored event (for either personal candidacy during Senate elections or for political candidate support) must be in conjunction with a reserved table. Fliers for such non-events may be handed out only near the reserved table, or on a public sidewalk.
- No badgering, yelling or using noisemakers.
- Any out of the ordinary displays and/or promotional gimmicks MUST be approved through the HUB Administrative Assistant prior to arrival.
- HUB professional staff and building managers will determine whether or not actions and behaviors are compliant with policy and may address issues as they arise.
- The Hartman Union reserves the right to cancel any table reservation should there be significant demand for the space. In addition, the HUB reserves the right to cancel any future scheduled table reservations should the vendor not comply with campus or PSU/HUB policies or fails to pay in advance for the use of their space.
- These practices apply to both indoor and outdoor tabling.