The purpose of tabling in the Hartman Union Building is for advertising events and programs to the greater student body. Tables in the HUB are not for satellite offices or consistent use throughout the semester by departments or outside vendors. Student organizations receive top priority for tabling in the Hartman Union. Outside vendors or departments who pay, and therefore supplement student fees, are a second priority. All other requests will be reserved based on table availability.
Tables are provided free of charge for student organizations, departments and class events that benefit the greater student population. Tables for individual students are generally not approved but are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Reserve your table via 25Live, just like you would a room on campus, at: http://venus.plymouth.edu/25live.
The Hartman Union allows outside vendors to provide services and information to our student and faculty/staff population. If you are a visitor to PSU and wish to reserve a table in the Hartman Union, contact the HUB Administrative Office at 535.2376, or email Karen Weldon, HUB Reservationist & Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies & Practices for internal users (student organizations, class events and institutional departments):
- Student organizations receive top priority for tabling in the Hartman Union. Outside vendors and departments who pay, and therefore supplement student fees, are a second priority. All other requests will be reserved based on table availability.
- A maximum of 8 days of tabling are allowed per semester, free of charge. Four days for bake sales, per semester.
- Once an organization, class event or department has reserved its 8 tables for the semester, they will need to do one of the following in order to access additional tabling space:
- Pay for additional table reservations, which will secure the table on particular days and times. $25.00 per six-feet of space, per day.
- Access tables not currently reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. As of 10am each day, if a table is not previously reserved, it is available for same day reservations by orgs, class events or departments. It is up to that org, class event or department to check tables within the Pawsway and notify the HUB Information Booth that they will be utilizing a particular unreserved table for the day.
Policies & Practices for external vendors:
- Charges for outside vendor tables: $25.00 per six-feet of space, per day, regardless of whether or not the HUB provides tables or if the vendor provides them (or if additional tables are provided by vendor). If a group or individual is sponsored by a registered PSU student organization or department, table fees are waived. In this case the request must come directly from the student organization, and sponsored tables are counted as part of their 8 reservations per semester.
- Please remain at your assigned table and solicit only to those students who approach your table. Please do not pressure them in any way to visit your table.
- Fliers and/or handouts associated with outside vendors may only be handed out near the reserved table, or on a public sidewalk. No leaving flyers/advertisements on tables inside venue, or on counters, etc.
- No badgering, yelling or using noisemakers.
- Any out of the ordinary displays and/or promotional gimmicks MUST be approved through the HUB Administrative Assistant prior to arrival.
- HUB professional staff and building managers will determine whether or not actions and behaviors are compliant with policy and may address issues as they arise.
- The Hartman Union reserves the right to cancel any table reservation should there be significant demand for the space. In addition, the HUB reserves the right to cancel any future scheduled table reservations should the vendor not comply with campus or PSU/HUB policies or fails to pay in advance for the use of their space.
- These practices apply to both indoor and outdoor tabling.