International Scholarships

Financial assistance for international students applying to Plymouth State University is limited. Typical financial aid is underwritten and subsidized by the United States government, and therefore such aid is only available to U.S. citizens. Recognizing this, PSU offers the following opportunities:

International Merit Scholarships


GPA Scholarship Name First Year Amount* (per year) Transfer Amount** (per year)
3.75 – 4.00 Presidential $10,000 $6,000
3.25 – 3.74 Dean’s $8,000 $5,000
2.75 – 3.24 Aspire $6,000 $3,000
2.25 – 2.74 Promise $5,000 $0
< 2.25 N/A $0 $0
Scholarships are awarded based upon your GPA at the time of decision and are not adjusted based upon final GPA. Merit scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years (for a total of eight full-time fall and spring semesters). A specific GPA is required to maintain each merit scholarship, as follows: First Year – Presidential and Dean’s: 3.0; Aspire: 2.5; Promise: 2.25. Transfer – Presidential and Dean’s: 3.0; Aspire: 2.75

*PSU merit scholarships are awarded by the Admissions Office. Notification of eligibility is included in your acceptance letter. All merit awards are evenly split between fall and spring semesters.

**Only students with 24 or more transferable credits will be considered for transfer scholarships.

The PSU International Scholarship

  • This scholarship is for returning international PSU students only.  Successful candidates consider themselves to be leaders on campus, as well as being engaged in global and multicultural awareness.  A minimum 2.5 GPA, among other criteria, is required.  Awards range between $500 and $2500 per year.  Applications are made available in the early spring to returning students.

Scholarships Available to All PSU Students

Other Scholarship and Loan Resources

A comprehensive list of web-based information may be found here.

International Employment

Information for Permanent Residents

You are considered an eligible non-citizen if you meet ONE of the following criteria:

  • You are a U.S. permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card (I-551)
  • You are a conditional permanent resident with an I-551C card
  • You have an Arrival Departure Record (I-94) from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) with any of the following designations: refugee, asylum granted, parolee, victim of human trafficking, T-Visa holder, or Cuban-Haitian entrant

If one of the above criteria is met, you may be eligible to file a FAFSA and be eligible for federal financial aid.  Additional information may be found on the PSU Financial Aid webpages.