Financial assistance for international students applying to Plymouth State University is limited. Typical financial aid is underwritten and subsidized by the United States government, and therefore such aid is only available to U.S. citizens. Recognizing this, PSU offers the following opportunities:
PSU Scholarship (academic merit)
Awards are made to accepted incoming students who meet PSU established academic guidelines. Awards are renewable for three additional years if a cumulative 3.0 GPA is maintained and the student remains enrolled full-time. (Award is offered at the time of acceptance by the PSU Admissions Dept.)
PSU International Scholarship
- This scholarship is for returning international PSU students only. Successful candidates consider themselves to be leaders on campus, as well as being engaged in global and multicultural awareness. A minimum 2.5 GPA, among other criteria, is required. Awards range between $500 and $2500 per year.
Other Scholarship and Loan Resources
- International Education Financial Aid
- Travel Related to International Studies Scholarships
- PSU Alumni Relations Scholarship Opportunities
- Student Awards
- International Student Loans
- New Brunswick student loans
- Nova Scotia student loans
- Canadian Student loans
- United Kingdom student loans
- National Database of Scholarships
A comprehensive list of web-based information may be found here.
Information for Permanent Residents
You are considered an eligible non-citizen if you meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card (I-551)
- You are a conditional permanent resident with an I-551C card
- You have an Arrival Departure Record (I-94) from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) with any of the following designations: refugee, asylum granted, parolee, victim of human trafficking, T-Visa holder, or Cuban-Haitian entrant
If one of the above criteria is met, you may be eligible to file a FAFSA and be eligible for federal financial aid. Additional information may be found on the PSU Financial Aid webpages.