We work closely with faculty to support our international, exchange, and other culturally & linguistically diverse students at PSU.
- Presentation – Tips for Advising International Students
If you have a serious concern about an international student and his/her academic success in a course, please use the C.A.R.E. Referral Process provided by the Office of the Dean of Students.
You may also advise the student to take advantage of other on-campus resources as appropriate, including:
- the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program in the department of Languages & Linguistics, where students who speak English as a second language can arrange individualized tutoring. Contact: Lisa Herder, firstname.lastname@example.org, (603) 535-2304
- Working with International Students: Applied Linguistics and the Art of Inclusive Teaching by Millar 2009
- 10 Tips On How To Teach International Students Effectively by Pinantoan 2012
- Teaching International Students: Strategies to Enhance Learning by Arkoudis
- Teaching International Students: Pedagogical Issues and Strategies from the University of Michigan