Newly admitted Plymouth State University students have the opportunity to begin their college experience in an extraordinary way by spending their first semester with PSU in Ireland.
We are in our 11th year of offering this extraordinary Freshman Abroad Program at PSU!
Highlights of Freshman Abroad Program:
- Spend your first semester of your freshman year studying at University of Limerick in Ireland
- The group will be accompanied by a PSU faculty member, who will remain in Ireland for the semester, serving as the instructor for two Plymouth State courses.
- The remaining three courses– from the Limerick curriculum—are all pre-approved to coincide with your degree program at PSU.
Freshman Abroad Program students live in Kilmurry Village on the University of Limerick campus. PSU students are placed with Irish students as well as other international students in six-eight person townhouse units.
This program is only available to first-semester, traditional university freshmen. Non-traditional students and transfers are invited to explore our full-range of study abroad options by contacting the Global Education Office
Once admitted to the Program, you will need to fill out the following pre-departure paperwork. You have two options: Fill-In or PDF format
1. Fill-In format – Open document, fill out, print, sign and return to Global Education Office
*If you choose to open the document and fill it in on the web, you cannot save what you have entered, even though you may print what you have typed. We recommend that you save the file to your computer before filling in the form and printing.
2. PDF format – Open document, print, complete, sign and return to Global Education Office
- Basic Data & Emergency Contact Information PDF
- Release and Waiver of Liability PDF
- Medical Evaluation PDF
- University of Limerick Medical Questionnaire PDF
- Authorization for Release of Medical Records PDF
- Self Report on Health PDF
- Statement of Financial Support PDF
- Agreement of Study Abroad Requirements PDF
***You must also submit a clear copy of your passport – do not fax a copy.
All study abroad participants must have comprehensive medical insurance. You must either submit “Proof of Insurance Certification” – certifying insurance coverage is valid for the duration of your program or you must submit “CISI Enrollment Form” – to purchase comprehensive medical insurance through PSU. Coverage is $37 a month and a complete overview of coverage is included in the benefits brochure below.