PSU Theater Students at American College Dublin Ireland 2014 Students at Plymouth State University also have the option to embark on a short term trip with a faculty member in their field of study. This opportunity offers students a chance to participate in a short term experience while having the guidance of a PSU faculty member or staff. Students are able to experience their field of study outside the classroom! For a list 2015 upcoming Faculty Led Trips click here
- Read about a recent trip to Costa Rica
- Read below an article written by Courtney Daley highlighting her experience from the Dominican Trip
- Testimonials and Pictures from Short Term Trip to Dominican Republic (sponsored by Social Work Department)
Student Academic/credit Bearing Trips Traveling Internationally:
All students participating in academic, credit-bearing short-term trips involving international travel, must complete the following application and submit to Student Account Services along with the initial trip deposit by the due date.
One month prior to trip departure, the following pre-departure guide must be read and all forms completed and turned in to your Faculty Leader.
Student Organizations/Groups Traveling Internationally:
- Global Programs Student Organization Proposal-To completed by Trip Leader and submitted to the Global Education Office.
- Short Term Faculty-Led Application- This form must be completed and turned in to your Trip Leader.
- Short Term Pre-Departure Guide and Forms - One month prior to departure, all students must have read, completed forms, and submit them to the Trip Leader.
Medical Evaluation Form: All students are required to have a Health Care Provider complete the Medical Evaluation Form in your Guide. You have three options:
- Your primary care physician should complete the form if you have had a physical within the past year.
- If you have your current immunization records on file at the PSU Health Services (Infirmary), you can have them complete the Medical Evaluation Form.
- If you cannot schedule a physical ,and your immunization records are not on file, you can send the form below to your PCP so they can fax a copy of your immunization records to PSU Health Services (603-535-3291). You then can set up an appointment with them.
All students are covered by our international insurance carrier, CISI. Below is a description of coverage and a claim form should you require medical attention during the trip.
Information and Forms for Faculty:
Powerpoint on the process for creating short term trips: