Plymouth State’s accredited educator certification programs will prepare you with the skills and qualifications you need to be eligible for New Hampshire teacher certification by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Since New Hampshire is a member of the Interstate Certification Compact, you’ll also be eligible for initial certification in most states by applying for certification to an individual state’s Department of Education.
As an educator certification candidate, you’ll have ample opportunities to educate and learn in public elementary, middle, and high school classrooms. In the program’s culminating experience, you’ll apply what you know in a classroom and receive constructive feedback from a mentor teacher and a clinical faculty member.
The educator certification options listed below are available for post-baccalaureate students to pursue initial teacher certification alone or in conjunction with a master’s degree. If you’re pursuing certification only (without a master’s degree) you will not need to complete the master’s core component courses.
Educator certification forms (e.g., internship/practicum forms) for certification candidates, clinical faculty and mentor teachers are available online. For additional information visit the Office of Educator Preparation website.
Educator Certification Options (post-baccalaureate)
- Art Education, K–12
- Education Technology Integrator, K–12 (Also available: Dual Certification Option with Library Media Specialist)
- Elementary Education, K–8
- English Education, 5–12
- General Special Education, K–12
- Health Education, K–12
- Learning Disabilities, K-12
- Library Media Specialist, K–12 (Also available: Dual Certification Option with Education Technology Integrator)
- Mathematics, 5–8 and 7–12
- Reading and Writing Teacher, K-12
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Education, K–12
Specialist Certification Options (with master’s or post-master’s)
If you’ve already earned a master’s degree or are currently pursuing a master’s degree, Plymouth State has a number of specialist certification options to meet your needs.