Teachers, administrators, and educational leaders can earn graduate-level credit from Plymouth State for participation in Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) online courses and projects completed in conjunction with the annual ASCD conference or ASCD professional development institutes.
Founded in 1943, ASCD is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that represents 175,000 educators from more than 135 countries and 58 affiliates. ASCD addresses all aspects of effective teaching and learning-such as professional development, educational leadership, and capacity building.
Did you know that you can combine your ASCD coursework with additional graduate courses to earn your Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Plymouth State?
Graduate credit is available at a rate of $199 per credit plus a $30 enrollment fee per registration.
Earn Graduate Credit for ASCD Courses
- Register, pay for, and participate in an ASCD 2-credit online course.
- Complete Plymouth State’s ASCD graduate course registration form. Indicate the name of the ASCD online course you are enrolling for on the registration form.
- Return the Plymouth State registration form and full tuition payment along with:
- A copy of the ASCD Certificate of Completion.
- A 3-5 page reflection paper. The topic of this reflection is to review your learning experience and its integration of the material in your professional environment.
- Once the paperwork has been received and you have been registered, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. At that time, a Plymouth State faculty member will be assigned to evaluate your 3-5 page course reflection paper.
Earn Graduate Credit for Participation in ASCD Conferences or Professional Development Institutes (1-3 credits)
- Register, pay for, and participate in an ASCD Conference or Professional Development Institute.
- Review PSU 1-3 credit requirements:
- One credit
Attend at least one day of the conference or professional development institute and write a paper which reviews the key points of the sessions and the application of these points to your educational position. Mail or e-mail your paper (approximately 3 pages) and obtain feedback from your assigned instructor.
- Two credits
Attend the conference or professional development institute for two or more days and write an action plan to implement ideas into your school and classroom. A summary of key ideas, a timeline, and an evaluation plan including research, should be included in this action plan. Correspond with your assigned faculty member periodically to receive feedback (at least twice during the term).
- Three credits
Attend the full conference or professional development institute and write an action plan (see above). In addition, you must submit an annotated bibliography of research and readings associated with this plan (approximately five to ten readings, including online information, books, journals, and other resources).
- One credit
- Complete the Plymouth State ASCD graduate course registration form. Indicate the name of the ASCD conference or professional development institute on the registration form.
- Return the Plymouth State registration form and full tuition payment, noting the credit requirements you wish to pursue.
- Once your paperwork has been received and you have been registered, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. At that time, a Plymouth State faculty member will be assigned to evaluate your 3-5 page course reflection paper.
Submit completed registration materials to:
Plymouth State University
Office of the Registrar, MSC 7
ATTN: ASCD Registrations
17 High Street
Plymouth NH 03264-1595