On this page
- How do I apply to PSU?
- What is the deadline to apply for graduate admission?
- What documents need to accompany my application?
- I've already received a degree from PSU and am now pursuing another. Do I have to send my PSU transcripts as part of my application?
- Can I use the online application and then pay the fee with a paper check?
- How do I find out the status of my application?
- What's the minimum GPA requirement for admissions?
- Is it possible to be admitted with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0?
- When will I be informed of my admissions decision?
- If I've already been accepted to a graduate program, but wasn't able to take classes right away, will I need to reapply to the program?
- Can I apply to PSU's graduate school before I complete my undergraduate degree?
- I'm an international student, how do I apply to the university?
- Can I transfer credits from another institution?
- I've applied to the MBA program. What are CPCs?
- Admissions Tests
- Degree Programs
- Course Registration
- How do I register for a course?
- Do I have to pay at the time of registration?
- What's the current tuition rate?
- Will I receive a confirmation once I've registered?
- Can I take courses without being admitted into a graduate program?
- Where can I see what courses are being offered?
- Can I receive a hard copy of the Course Schedule?
- Where can I get a course syllabus?
- Does Plymouth State offer courses off-campus?
- How do I access online courses?
- How do I get my books?
- When will I receive my grades?
- How can I get a Plymouth State University ID card?
- I forgot my password or username. What do I do?
- How do I obtain a copy of my Plymouth State transcript?
- How long are PSU graduate terms? How many are there per year?
- What happens if I need to leave the program and want to come back later?
- Is PSU accredited?
- Is campus housing available for graduate students?
- Financial Aid
- Preparing for Graduation
I’ve already received a degree from PSU and am now pursuing another. Do I have to send my PSU transcripts as part of my application?
If I’ve already been accepted to a graduate program, but wasn’t able to take classes right away, will I need to reapply to the program?
The MS Science degree programs and the MA in Historic Preservation require Graduate Record Examination® (GRE) scores, with the exception of the MS in Athletic Training, MS in Science Education, and MA in Personal and Organizational Wellness.
Applicants to the French Certification and Spanish Certification programs must submit passing Praxis II scores as part of the admission process.
For candidates who do not possess a master’s degree, and would like to pursue Educator Certification only, acceptance into the educator certification program requires the submission of passing scores on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Admission tests are not required for candidates applying to the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Education (MEd), Master of Science Athletic Training (MS), Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS), or the Doctor of Education (EdD) programs.
Your grades will be posted approximately two weeks after the end of the term. You can access your grades by logging into myPlymouth. Once you’ve logged into myPlymouth, make the following choices:
1. Choose the tab at the top labeled “Services”
2. Click on “Student and Financial Aid”
3. Click on “Student and Bursar Records”
4. Select “Final Grades”
5. Choose the appropriate graduate term. Your grade information should appear.
Yes, Plymouth State University is accredited by a number of accrediting bodies, including the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Individual program accreditations include:
- Teacher Education: Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Athletic Training: Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Health Education: Accredited by the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) and the American Association for Health Education (AAHE)
- Master of Business Administration: Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Master of Education in Counselor Education: The mental health counseling and school counseling concentrations are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)