Plymouth State University welcomes international students to our campus! The University offers an array of excellent graduate degree programs in the arts, science, business, and education.
The application process for international students is slightly different than the process for domestic students. In addition to submitting a completed graduate application as well as any program-specific requirements, you must also provide the following information:
- Proof of English language proficiency. If you’re from a country where English isn’t the primary language, you must provide evidence of English proficiency. The University accepts the following methods of proving English language proficiency:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test scores (minimum scores: 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; 80 internet-based)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores (minimum score: 6.5) (IELTS exam not accepted for TESOL applicants)
- ELS Level 112 scores
- Pearson Test of English – Academic (PTE Academic) test scores (minimum score: 58)
- Verification of finances. Documents, including bank statements and other financial documents dated within the past 30 days, that confirm that you have the financial resources to study for a year at Plymouth State, and/or an I-134 Affidavit of Financial Support form must be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also complete and have notarized the Plymouth State University International Graduate Student Certification of Finances form. Plymouth State will issue a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) based upon documented evidence that funds exist to cover your expenses for one academic year. Regulations limit the employment of non-immigrant international students and their families; therefore, employment cannot be considered as a means of support while you are enrolled at Plymouth State.
- Visa related documents.
- Copy of most recent I-20 (if applicable)
- Copy of most recent I-94 (if applicable)
- Passport. A copy of your valid passport must be included in the application materials.
- Educational documents. Plymouth State University will evaluate international student educational records. International students must supply original documents with appropriate stamps and seals from all educational institutions attended. Required documents include academic transcripts, certificates of completion, diplomas and any other official document which verifies dates of attendance, curriculum studied, and program completion. Documents should be supplied in the original form accompanied by an official English translation.
Upon your admission into a Plymouth State graduate program, you’ll receive a confirmation letter. This letter must be signed by you, indicating your intention to attend Plymouth State University, and then returned to the College of Graduate Studies. Once your confirmation letter is received, the I-20 process may begin.
It’s important to understand the process, rules, and regulations regarding studying in the U.S. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for the most current information regarding student visas and exchange visitors.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone callers from outside the United States may need to dial 00 + 1 + 603 + 535 + 2636 to reach us.