In addition to completing the standard master’s degree application requirements, MEd candidates must also meet or submit the items outlined below.
School Counseling and School Psychology
- Participate in the Counselor Education and School Psychology admissions interview. The admissions interview is a half-day event held in January, April, July, and October, and involves an informational session along with a group interview. Participation in the interview process is open to any prospective student and is not dependent on students having completed the application process. To schedule your admissions interview, call (603) 535-3119 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Please view Counselor Education Student Handbook (PDF) for further information regarding the counseling programs.
K-12 School Principal
- Provide evidence of a minimum of five years of K-12 teaching experience.
K-12 Special Education Administrator
- Evidence of previous certification in K-12 General Special Education as well as a minimum of three years of teaching experience
Health Education K-12 Certification, and Health Promotion
- A bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or a liberal arts degree with a concentration in the sciences, health education, physical education, or nursing. Coursework in human anatomy, physiology, and psychology are necessary prerequisites of all content coursework.
K-12 Reading and Writing Specialist
- Evidence of a minimum of two years of teaching experience and must possess teacher certification before finishing the program
- Take a course in each of the three fields of algebra, geometry, and probability statistics or show competency and recent involvement in each of those fields by having taken a course within the last six years from time of acceptance into the program
Special Education One-Year Intensive Program
- This program is available to any student who wishes to complete the graduate program in General Special Education program at an accelerated pace.
- Applications must be received by April 15 of the admitting year with courses to begin in July
- Evidence of successful completion of an undergraduate degree in K-2, K-8, K-12, 5-12, or 7-12 teacher certification
- Participate in an interview with the special education program coordinator