Dr. Amsden is an Associate Professor of Social Science and Tourism Management. He oversees the day-to-day operations of the Center for Business and Community Partnerships, which includes promoting faculty and student engagement with industry and community organizations, identifying and developing external funding for on-and-off campus partners, coordinating with administrative offices and academic clusters, conducting externally funded research, advising graduate students, and teaching undergraduate and graduate courses.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, Rural Sociology, Penn State University
- MS, Park, Recreation, and Tourism Resources, Michigan State University
- BS, Economics, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Place attachment
- Sustainability of natural resource-based recreation and tourism development
- Efficacy of volunteer stewardship programs in natural resource contexts