Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership
Graduate Program Coordinator for Curriculum and Instruction, and Educational Leadership programs
Phone: (603) 535-2101
Over the course of her twenty year public school career Dr. Carrier has been passionate about school improvement and the development of school leaders for 21st century schools. A veteran of the Massachusetts public school system Linda has worked in rural, suburban, and urban settings. She has served as a music teacher, middle school team leader, assistant principal, principal, and director of curriculum and instruction. She has presented at the NELMS annual conference; and, has worked in school districts to train data teams on the data inquiry model of using data for decision making and improvement planning.
Degrees and Education
- EdD, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- MA, Westfield State University
- BMus, University of Hartford
- Instructional Leadership and School Turnaround
Recent Publications and Presentatations
- Carrier, L. (2014). If We Want to Really Improve Our Schools We Need To Make Leadership a Priority for Instructional Leaders. The New Hampshire Journal of Education, 17, 58-63.
- Carrier, L., (2013, April). Data Practices for Improving Student Achievement: Developing School-wide Data Teams. Presentation at the annual conference of the New England League of Middle Schools, Providence, RI.
- Carrier, L. (2013). Identity Crisis: Will the real instructional leaders please stand up?,
Midlines, 3(2), New England League of Middle Schools.
- Carrier, L. (1999). Painless Music History in the Middle School, Mass Music News, 48(2)
Massachusetts Music Educators Association.
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- New England League of Middle Schools Board of Directors
- AD 5020 Staff Development and Evaluation
- AD 5800 Practicum in Education Leadership: The Principalship
- AD 5830 Educational Planning and Problem Solving
- EP 7030 Transforming the Educational Agenda
- EP 7300 The Superintendency and School District Leadership
- EP 8060 Dissertation Seminar: Writing Proposal